Your mobile home is a significant investment that likely means a whole lot to your family. Don’t leave protection of your mobile home up to chance! Instead, take some time to ensure that you have updated coverage to protect your home and belongings in the event of an unforeseen incident.
There are a few basic coverage areas that your mobile home policy should protect. These include:
- Dwelling — This coverage helps you repair or replace your mobile or manufactured home after a covered damage event, such as a windstorm.
- Belongings — This coverage protects your belongings inside of your mobile home, including:
- Personal articles
- Loss of Use — Should you be out of your home due to a damage event, this coverage provides reimbursement for the expenses you incur as a result of loss of use of your mobile home.
- Liability — Basic liability coverage protects your assets in the event that a family member causes damage to someone or their property.
You may, of course, also want to add more coverage options to your plan. Depending on your locale or mobile home usage, you may need to consider one of the following additions:
- Trip Collision — If you need to move your mobile or manufactured home for any reason, you may want to choose a trip coverage option that protects your investment while in transit. Typically, you can cover one event per 30 days.
- Replacement Cost — Often, when damage occurs to a mobile home, you are reimbursed at the current value, rather than what you paid for it. With replacement cost coverage, you are able to cover your initial expense. So, if you paid $100,000 for your mobile home 5 years ago and it’s valued at $80,000 today (counting for depreciation), then you would be able to receive the $100,000 replacement cost if anything happened to your home.
To learn more about your manufactured and mobile home coverage options, contact Gracepoint Insurance today at 678-224-9333 for a free quote!