Contractor’s/Artisan Contractor’s Insurance
Finding the right Contractor’s Insurance plan for your Georgia contracting company can be confusing. At Gracepoint Insurance, we are here to assist you through the process of selecting the right coverage from the right company.
Contractor’s Insurance Coverages in Acworth, Georgia
Our group has experience in the Construction Insurance industry and can help you evaluate your risk and solve the coverage needs of your construction company. We specialize in providing contractors with general liability insurance and other coverages that are vital to contractors. Coverage options include:
- Builders Risk Insurance and C.O.C (Course of Construction) — This coverage protects builders with physical damage insurance for property under construction. Lenders require proof of coverage before issuing construction financing. They often require this coverage before funding remodeling projects, as well. Some policies can be endorsed to include the structure being remodeled also.
- Business Auto Insurance — Personal auto policies exclude autos used for Commercial and Business purposes. If you use your automobile for business purposes, ensure that you have the right policy and coverage during business-related trips is not excluded.
- Insurance for tools and equipment — Hand tools are normally covered on a blanket basis with no list or schedule but no item can exceed $500 in value. Equipment Insurance will protect your larger tools and equipment, such as:
- Nail guns
- Other expensive portable or permanent equipment
- General Liability Insurance — This liability insurance protects against most claims that would arise from the day to day activities of running your business. This includes the type of accidents that would occur at a job site.
- Workers’ Compensation — Contractors are responsible for providing this coverage for employees but may be at risk of exposure because of subcontractors who have not provided workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. This exposure can be avoided by insisting that subcontractors carry appropriate workers’ compensation insurance.
Not every contractor works on construction projects and has varying insurance needs related to their contract work. Whether your company provides landscaping services or other contract services, you may require one of the above listed types of coverage, or one more specific to your field, including:
- Damage to Property Rented to You
- Medical Payments to Others
- Equipment Coverage
- Additional Insureds
At GracePoint Insurance, we have the contractors specialists to understand your risks and develop insurance solutions to fit your industries needs. So, contact us to find out more about your contractor’s insurance options for your Georgia contracting business.